Re: [vox-tech] livid -- HELP!

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] livid -- HELP!
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <MAPSp@belial.ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:43:37 -0700

no, please -- i'm open to any suggestions.  this is getting frustrating!

i'm getting ALL sorts of errors.   one of the packages is looking for a
header file bstream.h which apparently doesn't exist in the cvs tree.

another package looks like it requires libtool.rpm.  didn't quite say that
per se.  there are undefined macros like AM_PROG_LIBTOOL; after poking
around for a bit, i found there's an rpm libtool.rpm.  took awhile to figure
this out, but i'm dl'ing it right now.

don't know what to do about the missing header file.

there doesn't even seem to be a livid website for compiling.

just found someone's web page that purports to have binaries.  i'm dl'ing
those too and hoping they 'work'.

this is really frustrating!  i'll give an update once i install libtools.rpm
and try the binaries.

thanks, ricardo!   i'll try your suggestions.  one of these days, i REALLY
am going to learn autoconf!

pete