Re: [vox-tech] Flat Panel and Linux

The saga continues:

1) I made a mistake, I'm running v3.3.6-20 of the X rpms

2) I tried to go to ftp.freesoftware.com, but I don't know what to download

So I went to yahoo and searched for: rpm XFree86 RedHat and got lots and lots of
hits, but it just raised more questions.

1) Do I need to upgrade?
2) Do I need RedHat specific RPMs (I don't want to try to compile from source)
3) What version should I upgrade to? i.e. look at
4) I have a pIII 700mhz, do I look for i386, i586, i686 packages
i.e. have a look at http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/XFree86-libs.html, what do I
get

Lastly, I've reinstalled a couple of times and during the installation the
configuration always recognizes my card as a G400, and when I use a CRT I can
get X running (although on certain gateway monitors I never get all the useable
space, but that's another issue).

Guidance please
Jay

Jay Strauss