Re: [vox-tech] Flat Panel and Linux

Mark et al,

I'd like to come to the install fest and get some help but, I live in Chicago
(but I like this mailing list better :@))

I'm using a Matrox G400 card, linux does recognize it. Because when I run
Xconfigurator it probes the card, and knows it's a G400.

When I do a rpm --version XFree86, I get RPM version 3.0.4 (maybe I should
upgrade (but I couldn't find the RPMs))

I got the impression (from the XFree86 page) that frame buffer was a substitute
for XF86Setup and xvidtune.  And as you say, I'd have to compile framebuffer
support into my kernel in order to use it.

points 2,3,4 kinda go over my head.

What's IF and LERT????

Thanks
Jay