Re: [vox-tech] Monolithic Kernel or Dynamic

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 04:07:40PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> How can I tell if I'm running a monolithic kernel?

I am sure that there are betters ways, but you could, as root, type:

modprobe -c

If you get an error then you have a monolithic kernel, otherwise it will
list your configuration.

> I'm running RH6.2 out of the box.  Please explain how I can determine this as

RH6.2, and in general the kernels 'out-of-the-box' from my distros, is
compiled to use modules. This allows much more flexibility.