RE: [vox-tech] IF questions

  • Subject: RE: [vox-tech] IF questions
  • From: Roland Minden <rmindeMAPSn@mail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 09:08:41 -0700

I have a DVD Drive, but I have not tried to get it to work with Linux yet.
It works as a CD (It is my only CD for the Computer). If you would like I
can do some research on the internet on how to set this up. I will be at the
install fest on Sunday should I bring some of the Distros That I have. I
have Libranet Linux 1.8 (Based on Debian 2.2), Minix, Debian 2.2 (3 CD set),
Caldera eDesktop 2.4, Mandrake 7.1 (Free from Maximum Linux) and Caldera
2.3, but was not sure if I should bring them or perhaps some of the books I
have accumulated. I am really excited to help out on Sunday (though I have
only a little experience and most of it with one machine).

Side question I have an older 486 SX 33 computer. The 3.5" Floppy is not
working so I have not been able to experiment with some of  the mini
distributions. Does anybody have an older one laying around collecting dust?
I am going to put this machine together for my Mom so she can learn to use
Linux (I will not put together a M$ box for her I have standards) This will
be used for browsing, e-mail and simple office functions (Spread sheets and
word processing).
Rusty
rminden@mail.com