Re: [vox-tech] pthread_cond_timedwait and timespec struct

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Richard Cook wrote:

> Jeff Newmiller wrote:
[...]
> thanks for the sample code.  I also found a function, at:
> http://www.transarc.ibm.com/Library/documentation/dce/1.1/
>  pthread_get_expiration_np.html
> which does pretty much what you listed all-in-one, but it's cool you
> show the error checking as well.

Don't credit me. :) This was quoted verbatim from the manpage.  I have
never used this function in my life.

> Also, it's weird that ETIMEDOUT is defined in errno.h but you don't
> check errno against ETIMEDOUT, you check the return value of
> pthread_cond_timedwait... :-|

I also found a source file

http://src.openresources.com/debian/src/libs/HTML/S/
  libpthread_0.6.orig%20libpthread-0.6.orig%20condvar.c.html

which you might find interesting.  I was looking at the values actually
returned, but it didn't help me find the location of the ETIMEDOUT macro.