Re: [vox-tech] newbie regexp question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] newbie regexp question
  • From: Eric Engelhard <ekengelhard@sagreMAPSsdiscovery.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:39:24 -0700

Eric Engelhard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am writing a perl script to process DNA sequences and want to use
> regular expressions to mark a site at known landmarks (exact sequence
> match) and cut the sequence both before AND after these landmarks. I
> promise to whip out the regexp O'Reilly book tonight, but I need a demo
> up in a couple hours. First correct answer scores a pint of honey beer
> (12% alcohol).
>
> --
> Eric K. Engelhard

Thank you Ricardo and Micah. I managed to get a prototype up just as my
boss walked in the door. It is still in need of some regular expression
changes (there are a couple of polymorphism issues) and the report format
bites, but at least I have some breathing room.

Ricardo officially passed on the honey beer . You want it Mica? And I'll
donate a bottle to Pete, er, LUGOD, too. Richard, smartasses get nothing.
:-)

Eric

--
Eric K. Engelhard