Re: [vox-tech] filtering the lists?

I'm not seeing the bounced messages... isn't it only you who get the
bounced messages?  If that's the case, can't you just filter them on
your end?  Also, since mail-archive.com sees what we see (as opposed to
what the list maintainer sees), mail-archive wouldn't archive the bounced
messages... right??

-Mark

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> heh.  mark, i am the king of procmail.  :)
>
> but seriously, that sidesteps the major issue, which is the waste of
> bandwidth by our list having 2 bounced messages plus 1 received mesasge for
> every message sent.  i don't mind high bandwidth, but i do mind if the
> majority is going to be bounced messages.
>
> plus, the poor souls who are on modems.  i don't mind pressing the d key.  i
> just don't want to be downloading 50 bounced messages a day, which procmail
> and mail reader filters can't help with.
>
> also, don't forget that all those bounced messages are getting archived now.
>
> pete
>
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Mark Kim wrote:
>
> > procmail?  Some mail readers can filter messages, too.
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > > hola all,
> > >
> > > is it possible to filter all mail in majordomo with either:
> > >
> > >   From: Mail Delivery Subsystem.*
> > >
> > > or
> > >   Subject: Returned mail.*
> > >
> > > it's getting frustrating seeing all the bounced messages (which i see twice,
> > > since i'm subscribed to the list AND get all error msgs by virtue of being
> > > the listadmin).
> > >
> > > pete
> > >

> > ---
> > Mark K. Kim