Re: [vox-tech] apache / dns question

oops.  was a bit too aggresive in the trimming.  :)

> peter says:
> > i'm wondering if it's as simple as adding something like:
> >
> >     www.dirac.org.   IN  A 169.237.42.71
> >
> > for the DNS record (169.237.42.71 is landau.ucdavis.edu).
>
> Absolutely.  This is done all the time
> >
> > is that what "virtual web hosting" is?
>
> Well, virtual name hosting is when you have more than one name
> for a single box.
>
> ...but of course, this has nothing to do with what you're doing ;)

one more question, then -- this does seem related, since landau.ucdavis.edu
will be taking requests for webpages from both www.landau.ucdavis.edu and
www.dirac.org.  in that case, landau.ucdavis.edu has more than one name as
far as serving webpages goes.

is that more or less correct?