Re: [vox-tech] apache / dns question

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 09:04:23AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'm wondering if it's as simple as adding something like:
>       www.dirac.org.   IN  A 169.237.42.71

Probably.

As for virtual hosts:

localhost       A       127.0.0.1
davros          A       207.215.68.162
romana          A       207.215.68.163
; Aliases
ns0             A       207.215.68.162
mail            A       207.215.68.163

This set-sup works well for me. (I believe the <name> IN A <addr> syntax is
preferred buy this still works with BIND 8). This is an example of a setup
that does not use virtual hosts. The preferred (though not necessarily only)
way to implement virtual hosts is using a CNAME directive pointing to the
real name of the server.

--
Henry House
OpenPGP key available from http://romana.cocoranch.com/hajhouse.asc