2009 Jun 10 12:25

[vox-outreach] FWD: Possiblity of sharing space with Ubuntu-CA

FYI - Just posted this to the Ubuntu-CA list (per Grant's suggestion,
since it's not up to him to decide :) ).

----- Forwarded message from Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> -----

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:20:56 -0700
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
Subject: Possiblity of sharing space with Ubuntu-CA
To: ubuntu-us-ca@lists.ubuntu.com

Hi there, this is Bill Kendrick, co-founder and president of the
Linux Users' Group of Davis [1][2].  ( http://www.lugod.org/ )

I took it upon myself (since I always seem to be the one who does this
kind of stuff ;^) ) to query the local Linux User Groups and find out
if they'd be interested in putting together a LUG booth at this year's
OSCON in July.

(LUGOD had their own booth at LinuxWorld Expo once, and we put together
a multi-LUG booth at another LWE.)

Unfortunately, it seems I didn't get around to asking the LUGs and
confirming with O'Reilly until it was too late: the .ORG Pavillion is
full, and we've been put onto a waiting list.

I heard that Ubuntu-CA will be having a booth there, and wondered if
you'd be willing to share some space for the LUGs and some volunteers.

Right now I've jotted down a dozen people, representing six bay area LUGs,
who've shown interest in seeing this happen and/or helping make it happen.
See the OSCON booth organizing page I've put up over at the LUGOD site:
http://lugod.org/projects/oscon/ [3]

Would this be possible?  Is Ubuntu-CA interested?

Thanks!

Linux Users' Group of Davis
http://www.lugod.org/

[1] I'm also lead dev. of Tux Paint, and a user of Kubuntu on my and my
    wife's laptops :)
[2] I'm proud to say LUGOD just turned 10 years old, and continues meeting
    regularly. :)
[3] You can also see our LinuxWorld booth organizing page for 2003, 2004 and
    2007, here: http://lugod.org/projects/lwe/

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer