Re: [vox-outreach] Upcoming conference ".org" opportunities forLUGOD

Re: [vox-outreach] Upcoming conference ".org" opportunities forLUGOD

I posted the following to vox and vox-announce yesterday.

Here's a follow-up regarding OSCON:

  Dot Org's receive 1 - sessions pass (excluding tutorials) and up to 4
  exhibit booth staff passes.
  You don't pay for the space, but if you'll need to order electricity
  and internet if you want it.

-bill!

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 04:47:45PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> LUGOD has the opportunity to get a ".org" booth at both
> CommunityOne (overlapping Sun's JavaOne in San Francisco)
> and OSCON (O'Reilly's conference, which has been in Portland in the past,
> and is in San Jose this year).
>
> I'm especially excited about the latter [1], but wanted to get the group's
> thoughts on whether we'd like to put a booth together at either of them.
> There's also Whole Earth Festival at UC Davis, which we've already signed
> up for.
>
>   WEF at UCD:          May 8-10
>   CommunityOne in SF:  June 1-3
>   OSCON in SJ:         July 20-24
>
> The best place to discuss this is our 'vox-outreach' list, but I realize
> not everyone is subscribed, so I'm blasting this brief note out to
> 'vox' and 'vox-announce'.
>
> If you're interested in events like WEF, OSCON, LinuxWorld,
> Govt. Tech. Conf., Software Freedom Day, etc.[2], you should really be
> subscribed [3] to 'vox-outreach'.
>
> Worst-case, email me privately, or post (briefly) to 'vox'.
> Thanks,
>
> --
> -bill!
> pr@lugod.org
> http://www.lugod.org/
> Linux Users' Group of Davis
>
> [1] If there's no LUGOD or local-LUG booth at OSCON, I'm almost certainly
>     going to try and get a Tux4Kids one, myself. :)
>
> [2] Projects and events we've participated in:  http://www.lugod.org/projects/

Sent from my computer