[vox-outreach] Whole Earth Festival booth - volunteers needed

[vox-outreach] Whole Earth Festival booth - volunteers needed

So Chris McKenzie and Nick Schmalenberger scrambled to put together LUGOD's
booth at Whole Earth Festival, which is taking place NOW.  It lasts all day
today and tomorrow:

  http://wef.ucdavis.edu/

They've got a PC and an original iMac running Linux.  Nick brought a table,
WEF apparently supplied us with a canopy, and Chris burned several copies
of the latest versions of a variety of Linux discs (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu,
Fedora, OpenSUSE, Knoppix, and more).  We've also got leftover 'edu software
for Win/Mac' that Jessica had put together the Yolo County (I believe
Jeff Nonken helped burn the stack).

If you can help relieve these guys at various times today and tomorrow,
please go help!  They're the only two people at the booth, and it's hot out,
and they're getting some good traffic, so it's always good to have at
least two people at the booth to help answer questions.

The booth is easy to find.  Look for the giant array of solar panels,
north of the quad stage (where the large, loud, live music happens).
LUGOD is just west of the solar array.

Sadly, the WEF folks never posted a map of the 2008 WEF, but there's a 2007
one available in PDF form here:

  http://wef.ucdavis.edu/images/stories/layout/layout_wef_2007.pdf
  (why PDF?  it's hand drawn!  whatever)

We're around where the 480s are.  Oh, also look for hoolahoopers.  We're
right next to them. :)

Thanks!!!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/