January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-outreach] Blank CDs for Child Dev. Conf. burning @tonight's meeting

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> I'll be bringing some blank CDs, for those of you interested in burning
> Linux and/or OSS-for-Windows or -for-Mac discs for LUGOD to hand out at the
> Yolo County Child Development Conference this weekend.
>
> Henry's looking into the Ubuntu 8.04 release candidates, but the straight
> Ubuntu and Kubuntu variations are only available as DVD images.
> He has downloaded Xubuntu, which is available as a CD.
> Edubuntu does not appear to have CD or DVD disc images available at this
> time.
>
> If you'd like to make some discs for us to give out, and need blanks,
> please come to tonight's meeting at the library at 7pm!

I appear to have different information.
http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/8.04/
Clearly has them as CDs, althought Edubuntu appears to be an add-on disc
to the base install now.
http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/edubuntu/8.04/

If we plan to give out 8.04 though we need to wait 3 more days for the
release, since I'm sure they're will be plenty of bugs fixed before then.

I'll go back and check my notes on FOSS discs in general to see what's
up to date.

Alex