[vox-outreach] LUGs at GTC this year (was re: [Lug-nuts] Linuxusage in Sacramento)

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 04:42:04PM -0700, Vic Walker wrote:
> Why not see if you can get a booth at the upcoming Government Technology
> Conference (GTC) at the Sacramento Convention Center May 12 - 16th?
> They usually have inexpensive booths for open source type
> organizations.  You could hand the disks out there, and do a little
> evangelizing for Linux.  If you want access to pretty much all of
> California government's IT decision-makers, GTC is probably one of your
> best options.  See http://www.govtech.com/events/silo.php?id=128081.

LUGOD from Davis has done this a few times (including with help from
SacLUG at least once, if I recall correctly).  LUGOD members' interest
in volunteering for events has been kind of low lately, so I don't
really want to try to coordinate something ourselves this year,
but if SacLUG does it, I can try my hardest to round up a few LUGOD volunteers
to help out!

http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/