2007 Sep 10 18:56

[vox-outreach] SFD demo at Farmer's Market!

[vox-outreach] SFD demo at Farmer's Market!

Henry just called the Davis Farmer's Market.  We can do a Linux demo at
this Saturday morning's Farmer's Market (Sept. 15th), for our
Software Freedom Day event.  (The Daivs Food Co-Op's demo kitchen is
unavailable as it's being remodelled.)

They said to show up by 7am to get an optimal location.

We'll need the following:

  * A table
    (LUGOD no longer has one of our own)

  * Shade/cover for the table
    (the last few times we've needed this, Jimbo in Sac. has helped;
    Henry says he has a tent we might be able to use)

  * Our demo PC (and a power cord) if we're near power

  * Laptop(s) (esp. if we're not near power)

  * Handout CDs
    (Henry's still waiting to hear back from Canonical;
    Alex M. said he can burn some -- probably a good idea to do so, Alex!)

  * Handout paperwork
    (Jim Stockford in SF has some leftover LUGOD handouts from LWE;
    I'll try to get those from him this week, or ask him to mail them to
    my home address)

  * Volunteers!
    (Transportation of equipment, setup, staffing, and breakdown)

Who can help!?

Thanks,

-bill!
sys@lugod.org