Re: [vox-outreach] WEF preparations

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:14:46AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I figured it out, you just burn the dmg to the disk. Its basically kinda
>  like a giant tar/zip. Once on the Mac you open it and a theres a dmg
> for each program to install with.
Okay, can do.
> >>4.Starting Friday evening, I can arrange to store the materials on
> >>campus not to far from the Quad, I'll also bring my furniture dolly to
> >>facilitate the movement of materials.
> >>
> >Sounds good. Are you still planning on bringing the demo box you
> >prepared or is Chris Mackenzie going to bring his computer, or what?
> >>Should we send out a general vox announce asking for volunteers?
> >>Alex
> >yes.
> Chris has the Demo Box, Henry has an LCD for us to use, I'll try to
> collect those and stash them on campus by thursday. I can't be there
> super early Friday so I'm going to talk with Dylan Beaudette and Dave
> Waetjen about setting it up on Friday since they have labs close to the
> quad too, and I'll be there at 6pm to tuck it away for the evening.

Are they on vox-outreach? Will there still be things we need to bring
every day from off campus? I will bring a table and chairs on Friday,
will they then be stored on campus in those places?

> >How about sending this to vox-tech:
I meant to say vox, not vox-tech, so that is where I will send it.

> >LUGOD needs volunteers for the booth at the Whole Earth Festival!
> >Post to vox-outreach or email nick@schmalenberger.us if you want to
> >volunteer with what you can do and when you can do it. We need CDs
> >burned, people to sit around at the booth, and if you have a really
> >fancy looking computer running linux that will make people bow in awe in
> >front of our booth, it would be good if you could bring that too.
> >Thanks!
> Do-it

Okay, but I'll wait a bit for edits/suggestions/improvements until
Tuesday evening. Also, the website says I have a table and chairs that
are LUGOD's, but I think only the table (or a table) is LUGOD's, not the
chairs. It is a yellowish-brownish card table. This should be updated
on the website and so should Alex Mandel now having the demo machine.
Nick