2007 Mar 26 01:27

Re: [vox-outreach] GTC & WEF 2007

By the way, it looks like the dates from the Expo Floor for GTC West 2007 are:

  Wed, May 16 - 10:30am - 4:00pm
  Thu, May 17 - 10:30am - 4:00pm
  Fri: May 18 -  9:30am - 1:00pm

Booth set-up would no doubt have to take place Tuesday, May 15th, and
break down Friday afternoon.

Of course, one of you needs to talk to Bart Battaglia to find out
exactly _how_ LUGOD can participate in GTC this year, assuming we'll be
going under his "Professional Organizations of Sacramento" umbrella.

(This year, this Bart fellow apparently coordinated this "Prof Org of Sac"
exhibitor with GTC, and contacted the numerous orgs that attended GTC in
the past, asking them to go through him, rather than through GTC directly.
As Govind and Siva know -- via some emails from Bart that I forwarded to
them -- there have been "Prof Org of Sac" organizational meeting dinners,
none of which I believe LUGOD has attended, so far.)

Anyway, presumably Govind, Siva and Subramaniyam will be talking to Bart, and
posting the exact details to the "vox-outreach" list.  I'll then make sure
that our LUGOD @ GTC coordination web page is up-to-date, as time allows:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/

In the meantime, assuming we get to have some sort of booth presence at
GTC this year, who would like to help staff the booth, and for what time
slots?

In the past, we also needed help getting tables/chairs loaned to us, and
delivered to, and picked up from, the Sacramento Convention Center.
I'm not sure whether this will be the case this year -- again, depends
on what, exactly, this "Professional Organizations of Sacramento" stuff is.

(Is it obvious that _I_ haven't had time to look into it!? :^) )

Thanks,