2006 Sep 12 12:27

Re: [vox-outreach] [demo][farmer market] OpenCD Copies

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:52:46PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Well I meant Ryan with the Robot duplicator. But new problem. I
> downloaded the Freesmug.dmg image and figured I should convert it to iso
> and burn. dmg2iso.pl failed and I couldn't get dmgextractor.jar to run.
> So I copied the file to my friend's Mac and he tried to burn it at which
> point it said that the image was 768 MB. The file is really 668 MB and
> the md5 checks.
> At this point I'm not sure what to do. On my friends Mac we mounted the
> original dmg and it does contain Directories filled with other dmg
> files. So I could just burn the file onto a CD instead of burning the
> image to disk. I just wasn't sure if this would be too complicated for
> some users.

Can you try to extract all of the smaller DMGs out of the big DMG (on the Mac),
and then burn those to a disc, and duplicate it?

(To simply reduce it by one step.)

If not, I GUESS it's ok to just burn one big DMG file onto a disc, and
let the Mac people navigate into it.  Dunno if that'd eat a lot of RAM, or
what.  I don't really know how DMGs are handled... I figure they're kind of
like using a loopback to mount an ISO filesystem on Linux.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/