2006 Sep 11 22:52

Re: [vox-outreach] [demo][farmer market] OpenCD Copies

If you are reffering to me sure, would appreciate that. Don't know if you are talking to me or Ryan. Even so we need to burn iso to image first. I have been doing that a lot lately :)

Just shout back,

Jimbo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Mandel" <tech_dev@wildintellect.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: [vox-outreach] [demo][farmer market] OpenCD Copies

Ryan wrote:
On Sunday 10 September 2006 02:59 pm, Alex Mandel tech_dev-at-wildintellect.com |lugod| wrote:
For the upcoming Free Software Day tabling at the Farmer's Market I was
preparing some CDs for distribution.
This email is so we can try to coordinate/distribute the burning effort:

What to Burn| Platform| How Many| % |Link:
OpenCD v3.1     x86       ?      50% http://www.theopencd.org/download
FreeSmug   Mac PPC/Intel  ?      20%  http://www.freesmug.org/fscd/
KubuntuLive6.06 x86       ?      20% http://www.kubuntu.org/download.php
KubuntuLive6.06 PPC       ?      10% http://www.kubuntu.org/download.php
Knoppix                   ?       ?  http://www.knoppix.org/

So the estimates here make it easy to divide up 10 discs into
5,2,2,1 respectively.
The Live x86 number may seem a little low but that's because the OpenCD
has a Live Ubuntu 5.10 on it.

Let me know what you guys think, who can burn how many and how many
total we should burn.
I'm offering to burn 10 discs for sure.
I've got torrents running on all of these right now, so I'll start
burning tonight.
We have a robotic CD duplicator at work...

I've got the image of FreeSmug downloaded and I'm about to test it out. Do you want me to drop it by so you can replicate it, or just burn a few copies?
I've got some Memorex Cds which I believe are decent quality, at least I've found them to be. What do you guys normally use?

Alex