2006 Sep 05 10:45

[vox-outreach] Coffee at common grounds 9-3-06

[vox-outreach] Coffee at common grounds 9-3-06

Greetings:
I have printed some flyers and will leave them at common grounds in Davis at
around 9ish for coffee and pastries w/ my wife and some friends.

These flyers are somewhat premature  in which they tell the location of our
venue (Central Park).  It is not concrete as to a reserve there but I am
gambling that it will be OK.  I have submitted the appropriate forms and am
waiting for a phone/ email response from the Farmers Market manager on
Tuesday.  In the meantime it might not be a good idea to distribute these
until Central Park (CP)  is 100% locked.

Other things of interest:
	I don't know what the "demo" PC has and what it can do so I have configured
my PC with Debian with nice warm gui kde/gnome desktops.  I have also
installed a wireless card so we can possibly get a signal when in the park.
Works but with a lot of trouble.  I am going to be swapping my =fat= ati 9800
card with my son's nvidia card in hopes of finally configuring this PC to
play tux racer (now known as ppracer).  Cool game.  Maybe someone can help me
so I can demo a nice machine for SFD?  I lack a lot-o-PC knowledge nd would
appreciate the help.

	I will contact Davis Enterprise (09-08-06) about Software Freedom Day (SFD).
If anybody can think of other places for possible advertisement please let me
know.

	I will take my PC and try to get a good connection at CP if I can.  Hopefully
I can do this on Monday.  Don't want to spend all day at CP on SFD trying to
make wifi work.

	I have a 10X10 canopy that will suit this quite nicely.  I also have some
extra tables and chairs  I will be hooking up some sound to the PC as well.
If it is a reserve setup at CP then I don;t have to get up a 0crazy hrs.

It's 12:48 am.  going to start shutdown sequence: