2006 Aug 31 15:58

Re: [vox-outreach] Advertising SFD

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 02:14:04PM -0700, Jimbo wrote:
> Yes it is a go for central park.  I will be faxing the appropriate forms to
> them so everything is legal however this does not guarantee a reserved
> section.  It is a first come first serve basis.  Have to get their (gulp)
> at around 5:30!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we've EVER gotten there that early. ;^)

We usually end up setting up at the north end, near some dumpsters, where
there happens to be electricity.  They normally put the produce and
food-vendors further south, near the shade structure, and put the other
organizations (animal adoption, politics, religion, etc.) further north.

Google Map doesn't have a good view of Davis in satellite/aerial mode,
but there's this cool Flash tool at the City of Davis:

  http://www.ci.davis.ca.us/gis/streetmap/index.cfm

I've used it to take this screencapture, highlighting where we usually
set up:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/demo/lugod-location-central-park.png

You can see some ground-level photos of last year's SFD at the FM here:

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2005.09.10/

Thx!