2005 Jun 12 21:37

[vox-outreach] Today's dem

Today's demo at the Co-Op went well.  Thanks to Henry House, Chris McKenzie
and Richard Crawford for helping out.  Jonathan Stickel lent us a montior
(which, oops!, I still have and is now in Mtn View!)  My wife Melissa lent
us her laptop (since I gussed it'd be in a more 'usable' state than the
demo machine).  Chris also brought a Frankenlaptop to demo with.

RoseLUG sent us their leftover Ubuntu livecd/installcd combos, and we still
have a bunch of those left (which Henry has), along with a few GNUWin II and
some TheOpenCD discs, which were in a spool.  After the demo, Henry and I had
the idea to shove TheOpenCD discs in along with the Ubuntu discs, to make a
'three-fer' handout.

Finally, Henry printed some handouts and photocopied them at his
office (we couldn't find the leftover handouts from WEF).

Anyway, now that I'm done with the 'thanks' and volunteer report, I'll just
sum it up by saying: it went quite well!  The Co-Op wasn't the busiest I've
ever seen it, but despite that, we weren't without an audience for most of
the 4 hours we were there.  I think we'll have a few new people pop up on the
mailing lists and/or at meetings, too! :^)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://newbreedsoftware.com/