Re: [vox-outreach] GTC setup time

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 23:28:25PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 03:24:12AM -0500, Rob Rogers wrote:
> > I've got the tables that Mike Wenk has loaned us, and I will also have
> > the supplies that aren't being used at WEF. From what I've heard from
> > Bill, we don't have a definite time we can start (maybe Mike Simmons
> > knows?)
>
> Ack, I forgot to ask Mike about that today when I saw him.  Did you happen
> to ask him when we were all at WEF?
>
> If not, I'll /try/ to remember to ask tomorrow.

I did ask. He said there were set hours, but he didn't know what they
were. I think I remember him saying he hadn't asked yet, but don't quote
me on that.

... I just found the Exibitor info pdf on their site though,
(http://www.govtech.net/gtc/gtcMedia/GTCWest2004ExhibitorInformation.pdf)
which says setup is Monday 1pm-5pm (for booths smaller than 300 sq. ft.,
which I'm assuming includes us) and Tues 11am-7pm for "Self-unloading".
So, I think noon-ish Tuesday would still be best.

> > I've also just noticed on the schedule PDF I'm one of only 2 people
> > scheduled for the 9am-12pm shift on Friday, and I still won't know until
> > that morning if I can definitely make it.
>
> Ah, yes, I need to double-confirm that people are going when I said they
> would be.  I'll see if maybe John Marcotte can help on Friday, too. :^)
> He's local!

That would be great.

> Hey, now that I think about it, last year's GTC was the first time I met
> you, wasn't it? :^)  (I'm /so/ forgetful! :^( )

I'd been to one meeting before that (Don Marti speaking on the DMCA) but
I didn't go for food afterwards, so we only met very breifly.