January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-outreach] GTC setup time

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 03:24:12AM -0500, Rob Rogers wrote:
> I've got the tables that Mike Wenk has loaned us, and I will also have
> the supplies that aren't being used at WEF. From what I've heard from
> Bill, we don't have a definite time we can start (maybe Mike Simmons
> knows?)

Ack, I forgot to ask Mike about that today when I saw him.  Did you happen
to ask him when we were all at WEF?

If not, I'll /try/ to remember to ask tomorrow.

> but after 12pm should be fine. I've got to be at work at 3:15,
> so I'd like to be done with my part by 2pm (2:30 at the absolute latest)
> I'm figuring if we can meet there somewhere between noon and 1pm that
> would be best. I'd rather not just drop the tables and run.

Cool, thanks again.

> I've also just noticed on the schedule PDF I'm one of only 2 people
> scheduled for the 9am-12pm shift on Friday, and I still won't know until
> that morning if I can definitely make it.

Ah, yes, I need to double-confirm that people are going when I said they
would be.  I'll see if maybe John Marcotte can help on Friday, too. :^)
He's local!

Ooh!  I also need to make sure I get everyone's names to the GTC folks
for badges or what-have-you!

> If there's anyone else out
> there that can jump in there, that'd be great. From experience last
> year, there were times where we had 4 volunteers all busy talking to
> people at the same time. We should try and at least have 2 people
> staffing the booth as often as possible. I don't know about everyone
> else, but I had quite a bit of fun last year.

Hey, now that I think about it, last year's GTC was the first time I met
you, wasn't it? :^)  (I'm /so/ forgetful! :^( )

Thanks!