[vox-outreach] Article: "Linux in action: A public library's success story"

[vox-outreach] Article: "Linux in action: A public library's success story"

Linux in action: A public library's success story
Newsforge, Wednesday May 05, 2004

  http://www.newsforge.com/os/04/05/03/1520209.shtml

  "Over the past year, the Howard County (Md.) Public Library has
  migrated more than 200 public PCs from Windows 98 and Windows NT to
  Linux. These PCs are used both to surf the Internet and to access the
  library's catalogues. NewsForge recently spoke with Brian Auger,
  associate director of the library, and the IT team responsible for the
  migration. We wanted to learn more about why and how it was
  accomplished, and how pleased they are with the results."

Considering the state of the Davis Public Library's computers (pop-up ads
come up, computers crash and are unusable, etc.), I'd love for us to try to
convince Yolo County to consider Open Source alternatives! :^)