Re: [vox-outreach] CheapBytes discounts!

Re: [vox-outreach] CheapBytes discounts!

I like that idea.  Ask for a buck or two per disc if they can afford it,
and we can certainly afford to get it done professionally without much
damage to our bank account.  Maybe even make a little profit so we can do
some other things... like paying for electricity at conferences...  -.-'

-Mark

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 08:29:33AM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> <snip>
> > Perhaps the best option is to put printed labels on volunteer burned
> > disks.  This will take extra effort.  Currently I do not have the means
> > to do it myself, but I am happy to burn disks.
>
> Turn-around time for cheapbytes is 2-4 days.
> Not sure how quickly volunteers can label discs. ;)
>
> Off-list, someone mentioned it might make sense to ask for $1-2 for each
> disc, but for those who can't even afford that, just let them take it.
>
> What do people think?  And as for whether we can afford the up-front cost,
> I'm PRETTY sure we have $300 to spare.  Honestly, I don't remember hearing
> any really compelling arguments against getting a set made professionally...
>
> -bill!
> (drove for an insane amount today :^( )

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius