Re: [vox-outreach] Contacted CheapBytes for WEF/GTC discs

wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:09:42AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > [snip $1/disc]
> >
> > > With media, labels, and sleeves, that's actually pretty reasonable.
> > > It's only a few pennies over my own costs (but then I pay for media).
> >
> > Okay. :^)
> >
> > > My own burn time is about 5 minutes a disk, so 100 disks is chunk of
> > > time.
> >
> > Yeah. :^(  That's one of the biggest problems.  To get any kind of
> > good quantity out, we need an army of burners. :^/
>
> Or a bunch of numbutz who run a looped burn script with auto-ejects.  I
> can get ~70 disks out in a six hour session, if I'm reasonably
> dilligent.

I use to do this.  when my burner would run at 8X(the fastest consistent burn
speed) Id end up burning around 10-12 discs an hour.  However, that presumes
I'm near my system, which sadly is no longer the case.

> > <snip>

> > > Got me a deal on stock?  The real hassle is hand-feeding the damned
> > > labels through my laserjet (they jam through the manual tray).
> >
> > Dunno.  Only ever printed labels once, and it was at Pete's, using
> > his label paper.  I've never bothered sticker-labelling the few discs
> > I've ever gotten around to burning...
>
> Hint:  Put the labels face down when pealing them.  Otherwise the curl
> is murder.
>
> I'm getting frighteningly good at burning/labeling.

I use some software for windows and a "stamper" thingy label tool which works
pretty well as long as I label the right side.  Printing out labels is pretty
easy to do, and if I had stock, I could run off as many as needed.

From looking at other threads, this appears no longer to be needed, that true?
otherwise, let me know, and I'll run off as many labels as you need/I can get
stock for.

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org