[vox-outreach] WEF & GTC

FYI I just hit up vox for WEF and GTC volunteers.  I also posted to
SacLUG and RoseLUG lists regarding GTC to see if anyone from those LUGs wish
to help out with that event.

I'm going to poke some book publishers and other companies to see if they'd
be willing to send us some give-aways again this year.  (I hesitate suggesting
we do a raffle again this year; barely anyone showed up to claim prizes last
time, so we had to email them and ask they come back the next day to claim.
Big pain in the butt!)

I've asked Mike Simons to talk to GTC again this year regarding getting
booth space (I'm not sure I'd have the tact for it; besides, he did good
last time!)

As for WEF, I'm going to check with Henry House to see if LUGOD can buy
some cheap fold-up chairs for that event.  Our card-table tables should
be sufficient for table space.

For GTC, however, we'll need GOOD tables and chairs.  Last year, Lee Welters
was kind enough to lend us both!

I've updated/created info & volunteer pages for these events:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/
  http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/

Wow, looking at the photos/stats page from GTC last year, we gave out
between 200 and 300 Knoppix discs, and between 150 and 200 "What's LUGOD?"
flyers!!!  Damn!  [ http://www.lugod.org/photos/2003.05.14/ ]