2004 Jan 03 15:14

[vox-outreach] Fwd: Draft brochure for Tux4Kids

Bill,

It appears the problem is with my Mail configuration in Mac OS X 10.3. It doesn't recognize some attachments. Your attachment is probably fine Bill.

Paul

Begin forwarded message:

From: Paul Miller <pmiller@innercite.com>
Date: January 2, 2004 9:54:17 PM PST
To: vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Draft brochure for Tux4Kids

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:23:16 -0800
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
To: LUGOD Outreach <vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org>
Subject: [vox-outreach] Draft brochure for Tux4Kids

The folks from DesktopLinux.com contacted me last month to tell me they've
got a booth at LinuxWorld Expo NY and if I'd like them to advertise some
of my software.

Of course, I jumped at the chance to have them push Tux Paint for me :^)
I also decided I'd spend a little time putting together some hand outs for
some of the kids/edu Linux groups in general, rather than be so specific
to just one application.

So, last night and tonight I spent time putting together a draft brochure
advertising the Tux4Kids project (who is sponsor of my Tux Paint and TuxMath
programs, and co-creator of Knoppix for Kids, along with OSEF.org)

Anyway, I've sent it off to Sam Hart, head of Tux4Kids, to see what he
thinks, but haven't heard back yet. I just did a few updates (mostly
spacing, and a little cosmetics), and decided I'd ask the vox-outreach
readers what THEY thought, since I'm so eager. :^)

So what do you folks think?

ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/nbs/misc/tux4kids-trifold-draft-2004.01.02.pdf

I was not able to open the file using Preview (Mac OS X acrobat reader). I am downloading Acrobat 6 to see if that works.

Paul