January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 02 13:13

Re: [vox-outreach] Draft brochure for Tux4Kids

Re: [vox-outreach] Draft brochure for Tux4Kids

Hi Bill,

I have some other chores to do right now, but I don't want to postpone indefinitely what little I have done with your brochure.  The brochure is informative and visually appealing. My wordsmithing is mainly aimed at streamlining it a little.

Here are some minor suggested revisions of your text:
 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Regarding the header,

"High Quality

Educational

Software

Alternatives"

I would consider deleting "Alternatives" and maybe (just maybe) inserting "Affordable" or "Low Cost" between "High Quality" and "Educational." Purchase cost is not always the major criterion of a wise decision, since usability, time invested in learning, and other issues are also relevant "cost" factors. In light of that, "Intelligent Alternative" might be suitable for the header.

Following are two revised segments of text:

Tux4Kids is an international organization of volunteers dedicated to producing and promoting quality educational software under certified Open Source Initiative* licenses (see definition below).

Tux4Kids makes software available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and other operating systems. A growing number of schools is already using these applications.

I hope to do more with this very soon, but my other chores await.

Lee Welter