2003 Oct 16 23:07

Re: [vox-outreach] Letter to local schools - draft

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:53:14PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> Minor suggested corrections are inline below.

Thanks so much! :^)

<snip>
> > Open Source provides people with the ability to share ideas and work
> > together freely.  It's like the scientific method, which works well
>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                     Open sharing of ideas and results

Ooh, argh... I like the term "scientific method" in there.  I get this
feeling that the phrase will be something they, as educators, can relate to.
(Not that "Open sharing of ideas" isn't, but it's not a phrase that's
said a lot. ;^) )

How about:

  Open sharing of ideas and results -- the scientific method -- works well...

???

<snip>
> > holding a handsn demonstration of one of them at the Davis Food Cop
>             hands-on                                             Coop

I blame OpenOffice.org (and Emacs) in both cases. :^)  Those are (supposed
to be) non-breakable dashes, and for some reason when pasting it as
plain text, they come out as control chars that I guess confuse Emacs.

They look fine in OOo. :)

Thanks again!!!