2003 Oct 06 14:15

[vox-outreach] Contacting local schools

I'm considering mailing (as in, postal mail with a stamp!) schools in the
area to let them know about Open Source software, and make sure they know
that we (LUGOD) are here to help, if they'd like it.

I just looked at the "School Flyer" for OpenOffice.org, and it looks great.
It's 4 pages long, though, so it's not exactly the kind of thing I can go
to a local cafe and post on their bulletin board. :^)

I've also got my tri-fold pamphlets for Tux Paint, which I'm quite
proud of.

I'd like to try to gather up some other titles that would be useful to the
K-12 schools in the area (and which run on more than _just_ Linux,
since convincing them to completely switch OSes will be much harder than
convincing them to try out some free software that takes little effort to
install and uninstall).

I'm going to poke around SchoolForge.net and other sites right now,
but would also appreciate any comments/suggestions!

Thanks!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org