2003 Sep 23 17:43

Re: [Vox-Outreach] Re: [vox-announce] Installfest helpers needed!

Re: [Vox-Outreach] Re: [vox-announce] Installfest helpers needed!

Saturdays are better for me, too, actually.  Now that I'm not traveling
anymore I'd like to start helping out again but Sundays are a little too
difficult to travel out to Davis these days.

As I recall, we chose Sundays as IF days because Mike [Simons] couldn't be
there on Saturdays.  Is that still the situation for Mike?

-Mark

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> I've been wanting to help with these for awhile, but Sundays generally
> don't work for me (church in the morning).  This Sunday is definitely
> out since my parents are in town.
>
> Anyway, I was wondering if an alternate installfest time might be
> considered, perhaps on a rotating basis.  For example, every other
> installfest could be held on Saturday, the others on Sunday.
>
> Just an idea.  Perhaps Sundays are better in general for most other people.
>
> Jonathan
>

> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > We already have a dozen people signed up for next week's Linux Installfest
> > workshop ( Sunday, September 28th; http://www.lugod.org/if/ ), and since
> > it's the beginning of a new school year at UC Davis, we're sure to have more.
> >
> > If you can help install Linux on machines, or provide any other assistance,
> > it would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Please contact Rusty Minden, LUGOD's Installfest Coordinator:
> >
> >   if@lugod.org
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > -bill!
> > root@lugod.org