2003 Sep 04 12:24

[Vox-Outreach] Re: SN&R

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:54:41 -0700
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
To: LUGOD Outreach <vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org>
Subject: [Vox-Outreach] SN&R

I just e-mailed the editor of SN&R (Sacramento News & Review) to ask if they'd
be interested in doing an article on Open Source and/or Linux, and if LUGOD
could help out in any way. >;^)

I gave him some good pointers to articles.  NordicOS.org... the article about
Japan, China and Korea planning their own OS (possibly based on Linux)...
Munich going Open Source...  the CCIA's recommendation that Homeland Security
not use Microsoft... etc. :^)

-bill!
"TELSTRA, Australia's largest technology company, has nailed its colours firmly to the mast of open source software, creating a potential nightmare for Microsoft and sending shivers through a range of traditional platform providers."
http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,7136841%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

Paul