January 6: Social gathering

[Vox-Outreach] Fwd: Re:GTC final report

Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 03:30:38 -0700
To: vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
From: Paul Miller <pmiller@innercite.com>
Subject: Re:GTC final report
Bcc:
All,
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
To: LUGOD Outreach <vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org>
Subject: [Vox-Outreach] GTC final report

Number of business cards dropped in the bucket (we were raffling off some
stuff O'Reilly sent us):

  73

Total amount of donations given to us:

  $49.65

Number of LUGOD flyers handed out:

  Somewhere around 150

Number of Knoppix discs taken:

  ???

    However many we had burned for GTC, plus leftovers from WEF,
    minus maybe a dozen or so left-over after the show.

    I'm guessing in the 200-300 range!
The market value in Canada for a localized OpenOffice.org CD is $13 Canadian/ $9.43 US shipped or in major retail stores as seen here. http://www.ohdow.com/.

Just thought everyone should know that the global market is beginning to value Open Source products delivered on CD. Keep up the great work!

Best,
Paul

Oops! On more careful reading, the price is $17.91 Canadian and $13 US delivered which includes $2 shipping.

Paul