[Vox-Outreach] Re:GTC final report

All,
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
To: LUGOD Outreach <vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org>
Subject: [Vox-Outreach] GTC final report

Number of business cards dropped in the bucket (we were raffling off some
stuff O'Reilly sent us):

  73

Total amount of donations given to us:

  $49.65

Number of LUGOD flyers handed out:

  Somewhere around 150

Number of Knoppix discs taken:

  ???

    However many we had burned for GTC, plus leftovers from WEF,
    minus maybe a dozen or so left-over after the show.

    I'm guessing in the 200-300 range!
The market value in Canada for an OpenOffice.org CD is $13 Canadian/ $9.43 US shipped or in major retail stores as seen here. http://www.ohdow.com/.

Just thought everyone should know that the global market is beginning to value Open Source products delivered on CD. Keep up the great work!

Best,
Paul