January 6: Social gathering

Re: [Vox-Outreach] crazy idea - highways

Re: [Vox-Outreach] crazy idea - highways

Up spake Peter Jay Salzman on Mon, May 12, 2003 at 09:21:47AM -0700:
> does anybody know what entails adopting a highway?  is it money?
> garbage pickup?

Money in lieu of garbage pickup, I believe.

> it might be cool to see "highway adopted by the linux users' group of
> davis".  we'd be the first LUG to adopt a highway, i'm sure!

Y'know, it's cool and all, but just offhand I can think of several
more relevant uses for the cash.

Like a banner.  A big banner with LUGOD on it, that we can use at
shows and stuff.  I wish we'd had one at WEF, to distinguish us from
the guys on either side of us.

--n twn

***
"If you decided to sell your happiness, for how much would you sell it?"
--Moxy Fruvous
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital drivel for a weary world.