Re: [Vox-Outreach] Pinging govt places about GTC

Re: [Vox-Outreach] Pinging govt places about GTC

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 10:04:56PM -0700, Paul Miller wrote:
<snip>

> This is a topic I am quite interested in.

Hi Paul...  I'm not too surprised. ;^)

<snip>
> There is a growing collection of studies on the use of open source in
> government both here and abroad that should be brought to the state's
> attention at all levels. Here is a link to a site that has a nice
> collection.
> http://www.asiaosc.org/enwiki/page/Ideas_for_OSS_policy.html
>
> Is anyone trying to develop a list of contacts in the state?  Many
> government employees are fairly accessible by a local phone call. How
> about elected representatives and appointed officials?
>
> Is such a project the group is willing to spend time on?

I think so, yes.

<snip>
> At the very least, we should be get peoples cards at the GTC
> conference and put them in a database for followup by those who have
> the time and interest.

MOST definitely.  Perhaps that could be a good use for our cute little
donation jar... as a business-card drop-off point. :^)

> Realize it usually takes many contacts before
> most people 'buy' andything regardless of price.  However, the
> contacts do not have to be by the same person.

Yep!

I'm about to post a draft of a letter I'm sending out to a few agencies.
See my next message...

-bill!
pr@lugod.org