2003 Mar 25 15:04

Re: [Vox-Outreach] GTC in May

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 11:26:25PM -0500, Mike Simons wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 05:52:59PM -0500, Mike Simons wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 02:21:03PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > > I think we should work together on the Government Technology conference
> > > thing (this May) with SacLUG and, if they're interested, RoseLUG.
> >
> > - Have you heard anything back about cost?
> >
> >   If you'd like to offload bugging them let me know who you were in
> > contact with and I can start there...
>
>   I filled out a web 'contact me with information about exhibiting' form
> on their site, and will try calling them on Tuesday if they don't get
> back to me from that form.
>
>   I'll report back here what I find...

  Okay I've talked with the officers about this already, and mentioned the
results at the last meeting.  I should include a summary here as well.

  The normal cost for a 10'x10' table is $2700.  The person I spoke with
could cut us a deal and lower the price to $1000.  That exceeds our
yearly income from donations, so there is no way we can pay for a space.
Last time I went, the booth itself was free but I paid for power.

  My contact agreed to let us know if for some reason they can donate
free booth space to our group.  If this happens it could very well be
last minute (like a week before the event), so we may want to continue
preparing as if we are going.

  Brian from Sac LUG also has contacts who are going to the show.  He
said he will see if he can borrow some space from any of them, if he
gets part of a booth we could share it with him.  I've asked him for
status a few times and there is is nothing to report yet.  If we do get
this space it is likely to be cramped...

  We may still go to the show but don't count on it.

    Later,
      Mike Simons