This is a full time, mostly on-site, salaried Mid-level Drupal Developer position located in Washington, D.C. or New York City paying to $75,000 to $85,000 a year depending on experience + benefits. Some telecommuting is allowed, but some on-site work expected as well (50/50). US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates only. Full job/client details shared with qualified applicants.
My client is a full-service digital agency. They are looking for an experienced Drupal Developer to join their Washington, D.C. or New York City office. The Developer will report directly to the Technical Director and will be responsible for programming and developing websites for our clients using the Drupal platform and a LAMP stack. While some Drupal experience is preferred, they are primarily looking for a strong PHP generalist who is proficient in customizing, theming and implementing Drupal installations small and large. They are also looking for someone who isn’t afraid to wade into (potentially messy) vendor PHP and set things right.
* Write good, clean code
* Collaborate with front and back-end developers to create usable websites for our clients
* Collaborate with the rest of the Technical Practice to build strong technical specifications
* Participate as part of the Information Architecture team
* Fix bugs and issues on existing sites
* Work with PHP, Drupal, WordPress and other platforms
* Follow current and upcoming technical trends and share ideas and inspiration with the company
* Assist with Technical Practice presentations for client pitches, as well as internal meetings
* Proficient in PHP with more than five years’ experience (guru level) in a production environment
* Proficient in MySQL
* Good knowledge of Drupal 6 + 7; theme development and customization a plus
* LAMP developer
* A bachelors degree in any subject is an advantage but not required -- demonstrable experience is weighed equally with formal training.
* BA / BS in Computer Science or related discipline
* Confident self-starter
* Great communication skills
* Initiative to solve problems on your own
* Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
* Ability to work out of our D.C. or NYC office a few days a week
* Immediate or near-term availability
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com