To apply put the words "Server Engineer" in the
subject line and send resumes to:
I'm friends with this VP of Operations and have worked for
him as a vendor for many years. I WILL get you results if youre
This company is a high traffic well known commercial
Internet site on the Peninsula.
They’ve been around since 1996 and are currently growing rapidly.
Keys to this position:
We need to find a tech lead / engineer rather than an
Someone who owns projects start to finish. A Server
Engineer that is able to sit in a meeting and tell the development team that
they are wrong if necessary.
Experience with High Availability Systems / or an enormous
This is more than just installing patches and upgrading OS's
Bonus points for: Being a contributing member of the Open
Source community and also for being published
• Supporting and collaborate with development
• 24x7 uptime requirement for this site; before
and after hours availability is required
• A lead technical person that resolves complex
• Work together with engineering to resolve
technical and capacity issues on the site.
• Project manages cross departmental tasks /
• Provide tactical support of over 1000
production Linux / Unix / Windows servers
• Work with Network Operations Center to resolve
• Work with Business development in deployment
of new architecture / applications.
• Performance tuning (application, system,
• This person will have root privileges to all
• Since this individual has root privileges, a
security back ground check will be mandatory
• Experience running large applications, with a
100% uptime requirement.
• In depth knowledge of how web services work
• Proven experience in Network administrations
and routing protocols a plus.
• Perl programming at an advanced level
(references, object oriented Perl); ability to use Perl to
automate routine tasks
• Proven leadership / technical troubleshooting
• An understanding of 404 compliance.
• Strong hardware and software diagnostics
• Excellent oral and written communication
skills, able to produce written documentation for a technical
and non-technical audience
• Ability to manage vendors successfully
• Adaptability to work quickly and change
directions as priorities change
• Self starting and highly motivated
• Positive attitude and willingness to take on
• Significant build/release experience a plus
• Large scale storage experience (NAS / SAN,
• Security experience (firewall, IDS, tripwire
• Operational Java experience
• Oracle experience
• Application diagnostic/development experience
(gdb, purify / quantify, truss, etc.)
Roznos Enterprises, Inc
Strategic Staffing Specialist