[vox-jobs] Unix Administrator, Rocklin CA
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[vox-jobs] Unix Administrator, Rocklin CA
Seen on Dice:
Rocklin is near Roseville, which is northeast of Sacramento, off I-80.
AIX, Solaris, Red Hat Linux,
HP OpenView, Veritas Cluster Servier,
Taos seeks a Unix Systems Administrator in Rocklin.
Contractor should expect to join the weekly On Call rotation after settling.
As a result, contractor should reside within 1-hour travel time to the
Rocklin facility; have a mobile phone with text paging capability and
broadband access at residence. An adequate compensation arrangement for
after-hours and weekend work should be discussed.
**The Systems Engineer performs engineering, administration, and support
functions in a large IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, and Red Hat Linux server
**Participates in site preparation for more complex serverinstallations.
**Performs application software integration; conducts software rollouts.
**Provides technical consultation to application teams and end-users.
**Manages backup processes. Creates and/or maintains user identification.
**Design and tests configurations and monitors the performance of equipment;
troubleshoots and resolves problems.
**Documents installation for applications and for host configurations and
* Assists in preparation for and installation of critical server hardware and
software and leads non-critical installations.
* Configures complex servers, both critical and non-critical.
* Performs application software integration for complex systems to ensure that
all software, hardware and communication networks operate properly together.
* Provides complex technical support to application teams and end-users.
Escalates unresolved problems to project lead or manager.
* Troubleshoots and resolves problems on servers in a timely manner.
* Supports system maintenance, data backup and recovery, security
administration, system repairs, and configuration changes. Assists with
scheduling these activities.
* Monitors access to the networks by addressing issues of data security,
password generation and file access at the server level.
* Creates and/or maintains user identification and resolves security issues.
* Monitors and tests hardware and configurations to ensure optimal performance
per established objectives.
* Researches and uses the necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome
trends as they develop.
* If required, identifies and communicates needs for server hardware and
* Helps to establish standards, policies and procedures for all aspects of
Unix server environment (e.g., configuration, administration, documentation,
* Becomes familiar with hardware/software applications used at Company, which
they are responsible for supporting.
* Identifies and researches competitive technology and brings information to
the attention of project lead or manager.
* Maintains relationships with external suppliers and vendors.
* Documents system installation, configurations, and administration
procedures, and ensures existing documents are up to date.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or other related
field or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years experience in the installation of server software; functional
design; networking protocols, data analysis, and system administration in
a large multi server, multi site, 24x7 heterogeneous environment.
* 3+ years experience with IBM AIX (4.3.3 and 5.1L) required.
* 1+ years experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server 5 Network
* Experience with Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, Hewlett-Packard OpenView,
Oracle 9i Database, Oracle 9i Application Server, VERITAS Cluster Server,
VERITAS NetBackup DataCenter, BEA WebLogic, performance tuning,
and/or storage area networks is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
* Must work independently with excellent personal initiative.
* Technical documentation skills
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. For example, able to
write purchase proposals, make presentations to professional peers.
Qualified and interested candidates should send their Word resume to
email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Relo and sponshorship are not available.
Due to the high volume of resume submittals, regrettably individual
acknowledgements cannot be sent. All resumes will be reviewed for fit.
Taos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
firstname.lastname@example.org Got kids? Get Tux Paint!
Vox-jobs mailing list