2013 Jan 12 17:45
[vox-announce] LUGOD seeking guest speakers/presentations for 2013

[vox-announce] LUGOD seeking guest speakers/presentations for 2013

LUGOD is currently only booked through this month's meeting
(Mon. Jan. 21st's 14th-anniversary meeting at the Veterans Memorial Center,
with "Hacker Lab"'s co-founder, Charles Blas).

Therefore, I'm reaching out to see if anyone out there would be willing
to come speak at a meeting -- about your own project, something interesting
that you know enough about to do a talk, etc.

Also, of course, we're always happy to have guest speakers from projects,
organizations or companies come out to speak.  (In 2012, for example,
we had 3 talks by LUGOD members, and 8 talks by non-members: 2 from companies,
5 from orgs, and 1 was simply an expert in her field.  Not a bad mix! [1])

If you're interested in speaking at LUGOD [2], know someone who is, or would
like to suggest a person, organization, or business to contact, please
let me know via email:  pr@lugod.org

For more information, see (and/or pass along the URL for) our
"Call for Speakers" page:

  http://www.lugod.org/speak/

Thanks in advance!

[1] That's only 11, I know.  One meeting was canceled.
[2] If you somehow didn't know, we meet on the 3rd Monday of each month a 7pm.

Sent from my computer