2010 Jul 02 15:53
[vox-announce] June 21st LUGOD meeting TOPIC CHANGE: "Using GeneticAlgorithms to do Network Intrusion Detection and integrationinto nProbe"

[vox-announce] June 21st LUGOD meeting TOPIC CHANGE: "Using GeneticAlgorithms to do Network Intrusion Detection and integrationinto nProbe"

Our scheduled guest speaker, Owen Delong from Hurricane Electric, is ill
and unable to make tonight's meeting to present his talk on
"IPv6 Socket Programming."

LUGOD's own Brian Lavender has offered to do a presentation entitled
"Using Genetic Algorithms to do Network Intrusion Detection and integration
into nProbe".  Specifically, "NetGA", a project he's working on as part of
his Master's of Science studies at California State University, Sacramento
( http://brie.com/brian/netga/ ).

Apologies for the short notice, and big thanks to Brian for filling in!
I've sent well-wishes to Owen, and if he's doing well later this week, you
can catch another IPv6 talk he has scheduled for this Wednesday at
PenLUG in Redwood City:  "Essential IPv6 for the Linux Systems Administrator"
( http://www.penlug.org/ ).

LUGOD meets tonight at 7pm at Explorit Science Center's Mace Ranch Facility:

  3141 5th Street
  Davis, CA 95616

Full details at:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

See you there!

-bill!
PS - There will be free used books, as well as a raffle for a few new books!