2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] January 15th Linux Users' Group of Davis: 8thbirthday: IMAP and System Mirroring

[vox-announce] January 15th Linux Users' Group of Davis: 8thbirthday: IMAP and System Mirroring

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday
  January 15, 2007
  6:30pm - 9:00pm

This meeting marks LUGOD's 8th birthday!  We hope to have free snacks and
cake available to attendees.

The meeting will be held at our normal location:

  Davis Public Library (Blanchard Meeting Room)
  315 East 14th Street
  Davis, California 95616

Presentation:

  IMAP, the Internet Message Access Protocol & System Mirroring with rsync
  Presented by: Brian Lavender

    'IMAP,' the Internet Message Access Protocol, is an Internet
    protocol that allows a local client to access e-mail on a remote
    server.  Brian has been working on sharing IMAP folders using the
    'Courier' mail server, and will discuss his efforts.

    Brian will also talk about mirroring a system using the 'rsync'
    incremental file transfer tool.

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

Borrow Books from LUGOD:

  LUGOD maintains a lending library containing nearly 150 books related
  to Linux, networking, programming and other topics.
  (See http://www.lugod.org/library/ for the complete list.)

  If you'd like for a book to be brought to this meeting so you may
  borrow it, contact: librarian@lugod.org

About LUGOD:

  The Linux Users' Group of Davis is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
  dedicated to the Linux computer operating system and other Open Source
  and Free Software.

  LUGOD holds regular meetings with guest speakers in Davis, California,
  as well as other events in Davis and the greater Sacramento region.
  Events are always free and open to the public.

  Please visit our website for more details:  http://www.lugod.org/

--
Bill Kendrick
pr@lugod.org