2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] LUGOD Social Gathering tonight & Software FreedomDay demo help needed

[vox-announce] LUGOD Social Gathering tonight & Software FreedomDay demo help needed

LUGOD members meet tonight at the Delta of Venus cafe in Downtown Davis
(122 B Street, between 1st and 2nd in Davis) at 6:30pm.

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

Maps/directions:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/deltaofvenus/

NOTE: This event coincides with the Davis Hacking Society's meeting schedule.
DHS currently meets at the same time and place, so LUGOD and DHS members
can intermingle.  ( http://www.daviswiki.org/Davis%20Hacking%20Society )

Also, LUGOD member 'Jimbo', from Sacramento, has offered to coordinate
a hands-on Linux demo for this year's Software Freedom Day
(Saturday Sept. 16th.)

  http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

He's looking for help getting his PC set up as a demonstration system
for this event:

(We'll also need volunteers to help set up, staff, and break down our
booth at the Davis Farmer's Market.)

If you can help out, please let us know!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis