2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Bylaw changes

Two Bylaw changes were brought up for consideration at the most recent
LUGOD meeting.  Both changes passed without objection.

First, addition of item "vii" to Article I (Officers and Elections),
Section 2 (Appointed Officers):

   vii: The Mailing List Officer is responsible for:
         a: Making sure the mailing lists function smoothly.
         b: Instituting and enforcing policy and rules of the LUGOD mailing
            lists
         c: Keeping spam and unwanted mailings away from the mailing lists
            and the officer mail addresses.
         d: Fostering an environment where people can feel safe in asking
            questions and participating in discussions in good faith without
            fear of getting flamed.

This makes the mailing list administrator into an 'official' position.

Second, an additional sentence to the first paragraph of Aritcle I,
Section 4 (Elections for Officership and Transition):

  ... A person nominated for an officer position may decline
  the nomination at any time before the election takes place.

The complete Bylaws are online, here:

  http://www.lugod.org/objectives/bylaws.html

--
Bill Kendrick