January 6: Social gathering
2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Feb. 17th - Linux User Group Meeting: 802.11b (Wireless) Basics

[vox-announce] Feb. 17th - Linux User Group Meeting: 802.11b (Wireless) Basics

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday
  February 17th, 2003
  6:30pm - 9:30pm
  (Doors open at 6:00pm; please try to arrive on-time!)

The meeting will be held at our normal location:

  Davis Library
  Blanchard Room
  315 East 14th Street
  Davis, CA 95616

  NOTE: The library IS closed that day, for President's Day.
        We WILL still be meeting at the library!

The topic will be:

  802.11b Basics

  presented by: Ryan Castelluci

    Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) is a high-frequency wireless local area network
    (WLAN), described by IEEE's '802.11b' specification.  It operates in the
    2.4 GHz range, and offers data speeds up to 11 megabits per second.
    Wireless Access Points are cropping up in homes and offices, as well as
    public spaces, schools and even coffee shops.  Various handheld computers
    (PDAs) support WLAN adapter cards, and many people use them in laptops,
    to keep from being 'tethered' to ethernet cables.

    Ryan will be discussing security, hardware, implementation considerations,
    antennas, and linux compatibility.

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Linux Operating System,
and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
Meetings are always free, and open to the public.

Please visit our website for details:

  http://www.lugod.org/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org