2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] LUGOD.org scheduled downtime

[vox-announce] LUGOD.org scheduled downtime

----- Forwarded message from Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> -----

Hi LUGODers,

Tomorrow, Friday the 13th*, the LUGOD web site and mailing
lists will move to a new IP address.

The mailing lists will be shut down around 6PM and should be
up around 7PM.  However it will also take quite a bit of
time for the change to percolate throughout the name servers
on the Internet, so we are likely to be effectively down
until sometime Saturday.

If you are impatient to send email to one of the mailing
lists, you can address it to <list-name>@[66.218.54.136].
For example, "vox-tech@[66.218.54.136]".  However do not
do that prior to 7PM Friday.

The web server will be up at both locations throughout the
transition, so if all goes well no downtime with that will
be visible.

Cheers,

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

* Remember, it's bad luck to be superstitious.

----- End forwarded message -----